The study required a detailed study of Pune market. A detail wholesaler and retailer survey was conducted to find out all the aspects related wholesale and retail market. Two different questionnaires for wholesaler and retailers were made and direct interviews were held to get first hand information. The data collected from the two surveys were scientifically analyzed and conclusions ware drawn. Based on these conclusions and managerial theory we recommend a set of activities to be implemented by Colgate Palmolive India Ltd. in order to reduce the involvement of wholesaler and to promote secondary brands for business expansion.
Wholesaling is concerned with the activities of those persons or establishments which sell to retailers and other merchants and or to industrial institutional and commercial user s nut who do not sell in significant amount to ultimate consumers.
Objective of the Study
A project will haywire if it does not have its objective clear. If one knows the whole only then the right path can be decided and with disciplined work and positive attitude achieving this objective will be a catwalk.
Therefore, we also set down the objectives before starting the project which are as follows.
1. Study of Wholesale business in detail.
2. Study the performance of Colgate Palmolive Brands in wholesale market.
3. To study their customer base and also their customer retention strategies.
4. How can Colgate reduce the involvement of wholesaler in their distribution chain?
5. How to optimize supply through wholesale channels?
6. How to promote secondary brands in wholesale market?
7. Find out new potential retail outlets for expansion of the business.
8. Also take part in rearranging the whole Pune district distribution of Colgate Palmolive.
Nothing is perfect in this world. The last perfect person was crucified to the cross. This project is not an exception to this rule.
Following are the limitations of the project:
i. The study is made on the responses to the questionnaire framed.
ii. Though utmost care has been taken, the views expressed by the sample may not represent the views of the population at large.
iii. Sometimes due to lack of time the respondent may not have given reliable information.
iv. Some respondents did not see the project important so they gave exaggerated information that had to be manipulated.
v. Conclusions arrived at might not be suitable to the other part the city.