The blueprint will have 5 components:
• Physical Evidence
• Customer Actions
• Onstage/ Visible Contact Employee Actions
• Backstage Employee Actions and
• Support Processes
Physical evidence refers to those elements of a service which provide certain degree of tangibility to it like pamphlets, websites etc. customer actions include all of the steps that customers take as part of the service delivery process. The actions of frontline contact actions that occur as part of face-to-face encounter as termed as onstage contact employee actions. This component of the blueprint is separated from the customers by the line of visibility. Everything below the line of visibility is not visible to the customers. Backstage contact employees fall below this line. Backstage contact employees fall below this line. Telephone calls made to the customers is one example of the backstage contact employee action. Service blueprints provide the employees with an overview so that they can have understanding of their work. It reinforces the customer focused approach. The line of interaction between external customer and employees illuminates the customer's role. The line of visibility drawn promotes a conscious decision on what customers should see and which employees will be in contact with the customers, thus facilitating relational service design
Objective to the Study
The major objectives of the project can be stated as follows:
• To analyze the existing service blueprint of IL&FS Investsmart Securities Limited.
• To assess the service encounters with the customers.
• To find out the service encounters which are most satisfying for the customers and which are most dissatisfying for the customers.
• To find out the customer gaps in the process
• To suggest strategies for the improvement of the service delivery process of the company and as such delete those service encounters which cause dissatisfaction and encourage those encounters which satisfy the customers most.