Published on Sep 16, 2019
As customer's tastes and preferences are changing, the market scenario is also changing from time to time. Today's market scenario is very different from that of the market scenario before 1990. There have been many factors responsible for the changing market scenario. It is the changing tastes and preference of customer which has bought in a change in the market.
Income level of the people has changed; life styles and social class of people have completely changed now than that of olden days. There has been a shift in the market demand in today's world.
Technology is one of the major factors which is responsible for this paradigm shift in the mark. New generation people are no more dependent on haat market and far off departmental stores. Today we can see a new era in market with the opening up of many departmental stores, hyper market, shopper's stop, malls, branded retail outlets and specialty stores. In today's world shopping is not any more tiresome work rather it's a pleasant outing phenomenon now.
My study is based on a survey done on customers of a hypermarket named big bazaar. Big bazaar is a new type of market which came into existence in India since 1994. It is a type of market where various kinds of products are available under one roof. My study is on determining the customer's buying behavior of customer's in big bazaar and the satisfaction level of customers in big bazaar. My study will find out the current status of big bazaar and determine where it stands in the current market. This market field survey will help in knowing the present customers tastes and preferences. It will help me in estimating the customer's future needs , wants & demands.
Objectives of the Study
1. To find out the buying behavior of the customers coming in to Big Bazaar in NCR.
2. To determine the current status of Big Bazaar.
3. To find out the customers response towards Big Bazaar.
4. To study the satisfaction level of customers in different attributes of Big Bazaar .
5. To identify main competitors of Big Bazaar.
Scope of Study
The scope of this research is to identify the buying behavior of customers of Big Bazaar in NCR area. This research is based on primary data and secondary data. Due to time constraint only limited number of persons contacted. This study only focuses on urban buying behavior of customers because the research conducted in NCR area. The study does not say anything about rural buying behavior of customer because rural norms/status/attitude & acceptance of the rural customers differs with urban customers. The scope of research is limited for NCR area. It provides help to further the research for organized retail sector in NCR area. It aim to understand the skill of the company in the area like technological advancement, competition in management
The study shows customers buying pattern with Big Bazaar in NCR area. Its provide guideline for further research in NCR area for organized retail. Research says about customer buying behavior towards Big Bazaar in NCR area. The study rate of customer satisfaction level with Big Bazaar for NCR area. The research is also important to identify Market size, growth and Market Potential of Big Bazaar in NCR area. The research shows future Scenario of Big Bazaar in current perspective. The study shows Opportunities and challenges for Big Bazaar respect of internal & external environment. Research say about main competitors in the field of organized retail sectors. The study provide guideline to further extension of Big Bazaar in NCR area .The study provide help to know the customers satisfaction with Big Bazaar stores.
Data is collected from various customers through personal interaction. Specific questionnaire is prepared for collecting data. Data is collected with mere interaction and formal discussion with different respondents. Some other relevant information collected through secondary data
The market survey about the techniques of marketing and nature of expenditure is carried out by personally interacting with the potential customers in Big Bazaar.
1. Most of the customers buy their requirement in Big Bazaar on the basis of Weekly and monthly basis. Customers realized that Big Bazaar stores provide qualitative products/service with reasonable price.
2. At present time Big Bazaar provide different types of product assortments to the customers.
3. Continuously opening of Big Bazaar chains in different major cities, increasing quantities of the customers & profit show that Big Bazaar most accepted name in organized retail chain in India.
4. Big Bazaar mainly deal with middle income group people who want qualitative product with reasonable cost.
5. Big bazaar has a good reputation of itself in the market.
6. Big bazaar has positioned itself in the market as a discounted store.
7. Big bazaar holds a huge customer base. The majority of customers belong to middle class family.
8. Impulse buying behavior of customers comes in to play most of the times in big bazaar.
9. There are more than 50 big bazaars in different cities of India, it seems that there is a vast growth of big bazaar lying as customers demand is increasing for big bazaars.
10. Big bazaar is a hypermarket as it provides various kinds of goods like apparels, grocery, stationary, food items, electronic items, leather items, watches, jewellery, crockery, decorative items, sport items, chocolates and many more. It competes with all the specialty stores of different products which provide goods at a discounted rate all through the year.
11. The major players in retail industries are Big bazaar, The Tata Groups (Croma), Vishal Retail Group, Reliance Retail, Kirana stores & Sabka Bazaar etc.
Big bazaar is a major shopping complex for today's customers. It is a place where customers find variety of products at a reasonable price. Big bazaar has a good reputation of itself in the market. It has positioned itself in the market as a discounted store. It holds a huge customer base. The majority of customers belong to middle class family. The youth generation also likes shopping and moving around big bazaar. Volume sales always take place in big bazaar. Impulse buying behavior of customers comes in to play most of the times in big bazaar.
Big bazaar is a hypermarket as it provides various kinds of goods like apparels, grocery, stationary, food items, electronic items, leather items, watches, jewellery, crockery, decorative items, sport items, chocolates and many more. It competes with all the specialty stores of different products which provide goods at a discounted rate all through the year. It holds a large customer base and it seemed from the study that the customers are quite satisfied with big bazaar. As of now there are 34 big bazaars in different cities of India , it seems that there is a vast growth of big bazaar lying as customers demand is increasing for big bazaars.
Big bazaar is a hypermarket store where varieties of products are being sold on different product category. It has emerged as a hub of shopping specially for middle class people.
Different types of products starting from a baby food to pizzas all are available under one roof. In Delhi it is the middle class people who mostly do marketing from big bazaar. Even most of the people do their monthly shopping from big bazaar. People not only visit big bazaar to do shopping but also visit for outing purpose as it provides a very nice ambience to its customers. As people go to malls they just tend to move around big bazaar whether it is for shopping purpose or for outing purpose. Grocery, apparels and food items are the products which are demanded most by the customers of Delhi in big bazaar.
The major drawback of big bazaar is that it lacks in providing enough parking space for its customers. This may discourage the customers to come to big bazaar and shop as they face difficulty in parking their vehicles. Even though some customers say that they don't feel problem in parking their vehicle, it is because of the parking space available to them by the mall. As it is surveyed it seems that the biggest competitors of big bazaar are the kirana stores, discounted specialty stores like Vishal mega mart, Delhi bazaar Big bazaar, The Tata Groups (Croma), Reliance Retail, & Sabka Bazaar etc.
Retail seminar. In
Literature review on Big Bazaar.com