Restaurant Table Order Management System
Published on Sep 16, 2019
The concept of restaurant table order management system, since it is android application, I will keep everything as simple as possible. The project consists in an Android application that can be used by employees in a restaurant to handle the clients, their orders and can help them easily find free tables or place orders. This application, created mainly for proof of proper user-mobile interaction.
The restaurant menu is organized by categories (appetizers, soups, salads, entrees, sides and drinks) of menu items. Each menu item has a name (e.g., fried rice), price and associated recipe. A recipe for a menu item has a chef, preparation instruction sand associated ingredients. The ingredients are identified by their ingredient id and the quantity of the ingredient needed to prepare a particular recipe, the unit of measure and a name. “Restaurant Table Management System (RTMS)" is android application to restaurant management. This system wake to provide service facility to restaurant and also to the customer.
The services that are provided is food ordering and reservation table management by the customer through the system , customer information management and waiter information management, menu information management and report. Main objective build the system this is to provide ordering and reservation service to the customer. With this system, ordering and reservation management will become easier and systematic to replace traditional system
* Restaurant services such as making reservations, processing orders, and delivering meals generally require waiters to input customer information and then transmit the orders to kitchen for meal preparation. When the customer pays the bill, the amount due is calculated by the cashier. Although this procedure is simple, it may significantly increase the workload of waiters and even cause errors in meal ordering or in prioritizing customers, especially when the number of customers suddenly increases during busy hours, which can seriously degrade the overall service quality.
* A very commonly implemented system, currently being used by numerous restaurants and chains all over the world, is the electronic point-of-sale terminal system.
* Here, the severs/waiters generally take the order from the customer and head onto a terminal, where they can feed the order into a computer. The order can then be transmitted to the kitchen automatically via the terminal through a network, or it may even be delivered manually by the server to the kitchen.
DISADVANTAGES OF EXISTING SYSTEM:
* Although a huge improvement over the pen and paper still prevalent over the world, this does not have much value addition for the customer and mostly only benefits the establishment and the administration of the establishment.
* It may significantly increase the workload of waiters and even cause errors in meal ordering or in prioritizing customers, especially when the number of customers suddenly increases during busy hours, which can seriously degrade the overall service quality.
* The system will consist of the following main components: The backend, which is made up of the web server and the database, and the frontends that include both the patron frontend (delivered as a native mobile application) and the administration or the kitchen frontend (delivered as a web application).
* This system is based on the very popular Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture. MVC is most commonly used in websites, very popular and tried and tested. None of the frontends directly “talk” to the database. They instead rely on RESTful web services that can be used to perform CRUD operations on the database.
* With the current onslaught and popularity of touch based devices, especially the Apple iPad, it did not take long for the tablet based menus to make an entrance in to the market. In their current state, these menus are just a glorified version of their paper based counterparts. The workflow, even with these tablet menus, remains the same as the one mentioned or a combination of the previous two. There is very little value addition to the customer and the establishment or its staff. The available technology is definitely not being utilized to its maximum potential
ADVANTAGES OF PROPOSED SYSTEM:
* The most important components of this system are the database and the patron frontends or the tablet applications.
* Providing value to both the business and its patron is an important objective, but we believe that one follows the other.
* Following that belief, the customer is given a whole lot of importance.
Customer Ordering and Reservation Module
Generate Report Module
This project module consists in an Android application that can be used by employees in a restaurant to handle the clients, their orders and can help them easily find free tables or place orders. This application, created mainly for proof of proper user-mobile interaction.
Administrator is the person who will manage the entire system. This type of user will also do maintenance and control the application of this system. Administrator takes a responsibility to a new customer, new waiter, new menu into database, and etc.
Customer Ordering and Reservation Module
Customer ordering and reservation module provides a form that needs to be fulfilling in term of ordering food and reservation table.
Waiter module contains waiter information such as waiter personal information, task schedule and other information related to that waiter. Then, all of this information recorded into database.
Based on food or everything about the restaurant, customer can send any suggestion or comment to the restaurant with feedback form. From this form, side of restaurant will know their weaknesses and strengths.
Menu module is food that restaurant prepared for customer. This module, customer can view the menu and make decision for order.
Generate Report Module
System provides an option for generate a report. The contents of the report as the following: 1. The report of customer ordering and reservation table. 2. Customer's information and waiter information. 3. Suggestion or comment that customer insert at feedback form 4. Profit business for restaurant
System : Pentium IV 2.4 GHz.
Hard Disk : 40 GB.
Floppy Drive : 1.44 Mb.
Monitor : 15 VGA Colour.
Mouse : Logitech.
Ram : 512 Mb.
MOBILE : ANDROID
Operating system : Windows XP.
Coding Language : Java 1.6
Tool Kit : Android 2.2
IDE : Eclipse