Optometrist Grade II - Health Services KPSC
Published on Dec 18, 2018
Optometrist Grade II - Health Services KPSC
Applications are invited Online only from qualified candidates for appointment in the undermentioned post in Kerala Government Service. Before applying for the post the candidates should register as per the One time Registration through the official website of Kerala Public Service Commission.
1. Department : Health Services
2. Name of post : Optometrist Gr.II
3. Scale of pay : Rs. 22200 - 48000/-
4. Number of vacancies : 18 (Eighteen)
The above vacancies are now in existance. The list of selected candidates published by the Commission in response to this notification shall remain in force for a minimum period of one year provided that the said list will continue to be in force till the publication of a new list after the expiry of the minimum period of one year or till the expiry of three years whichever is earlier. Candidates will be advised from the said list against the vacancies noted above and also against the vacancies if any reported to the Commission in writing during the currency of the list.
As per G.O (P) No. 1/13/SJD dated 03.01.2013, 3% of the vacancies shall be reserved for differently abled Candidates with Locomotor Disability/Cerebral palsy
Method of Appointment
18 - 36. Only candidates born between 02.01.1982 and 01.01.2000 (both dates included) are eligible to apply for this post with usual relaxation to scheduled castes,scheduled Tribes and other Backward communities (for other Conditions regarding the age relaxation please see para 2 of the General Conditions)
(1) Pass in Pre-degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology OR Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as optional subjects or equivalent qualification.
(2) Diploma in Ophthalmic Assistants Course (2 Years) conducted by the Medical Colleges in Kerala or equivalent qualification.
1. Rule 10(a)(ii) of Part II KS & SSR is applicable.
2. Candidates who claim equivalent qualification instead of qualification mentioned in the notification shall produce the relevant Government Order to prove the equivalency at the time of verification, then only such qualification shall be treated as equivalent to the prescribed qualification concerned.
3. In the case of difference in original caste/community claimed in the application and that entered in SSLC book, the candidate shall produce a Gazette notification in this regard, along with Non Creamy Layer Certificate/Community Certificate at the time of certificate verification.
Mode of Submitting Applications
(a) Candidates must register as per ONE TIME REGISTRATION with the Official website of Kerala “ ” Public Service Commission www.keralapsc.gov.in before applying for the post. Candidates who have registered can apply by logging on to their profile using their User-ID and Password. Candidates must click on the 'Apply now' button of the respective posts in the Notification Link to apply for the post. The Photograph uploaded should be one taken after 31/12/2010. Name of the candidate and the date of photograph taken should be printed legibly at the bottom portion. The photograph once uploaded meeting all requirements shall be valid for 10 years from the date of uploading. There is no change in other instructions regarding the uploading of photographs. No application fee is required. Candidates shall take a printout of the application by clicking the link Registration Card in their profile. Candidates are responsible for the correctness of the personal information and secrecy of password. Before the final submission of the application on the profile, candidates must ensure correctness of the information on their profile. They must quote User-ID for further communication with the Commission. Application submitted is provisional and cannot be deleted or altered after submission. The application will be summarily rejected if non compliance with the notification is found in due course of processing. Documents to prove qualification, community, age etc have to be produced as and when called for.
(b) If a Written/OMR/Online Test is conducted as part of this selection, Admission Ticket for eligible candidates will be made available in their Profile for One Time Registration and the date of downloading will be included in the Examination Calendar. Candidates can download Admission Ticket for 15 days from this date. Candidates who have downloaded the Admission Ticket will alone be permitted to attend the Examination.
(c) Candidates who have AADHAAR card should add AADHAAR card as ID proof in their profile.
Last Date of Receipt of Applications
19-12-2018 Wednesday up to 12 midnight.
If a Written Test/OMR/Online Test is conducted as part of this selection, Admission Ticket for eligible candidates will be made available in their Profile for One Time Registration and the date of downloading will be included in the Examination Calendar. Candidates can download Admission Ticket for 15 days from this date. Candidates who have downloaded the Admission Ticket will alone be permitted to attend the examination.
Optometrist Grade II - Health Services Notification